PESTS OF FIELD CROPS 3(2-1)
To educate the students about pest of field crops.
Introduction, identification, classification, distribution of pests (insect pest, pathogens, weeds and vertebrates) of economic importance and their symptoms. Mode of damage, life history and management techniques of pests of major field crops according to specific location/region (Cereals, legumes, fiber, oil seed, tobacco and sugarcane crop).
Field visits, collection and identification of pests of major crops. Symptoms, mode of damage, loss assessment and management.
1. Bhargava M.C. and K.C. Kumawat. 2010. Pests of Stored Grains and Their Management New India Publisher.
2. Atwal, A.S and G.S,Dhaliwal.2005. Agricultural Pests of Southeast Asia and their Management. Kalyani Publishers, Ludhiana
3. Hill. 2005. Pests Of Stored Products And Their Control (Pb)
4. Shah, H. A. and Saleem, M. A. 2005. Applied Entomology. 3rd ed. B. Z. University Press, Multan.
5. Amerika Singh, (2005). “Integrated Pest Management”, CBS Pub.
6. Horowitz 2004. Insect Pest Management: Field And Protected Crops (Hb)
7. Norris, R F. (2002). “Concepts in Integrated Pest Management”, Prentice Hall of India.
8. Hashmi, A.A. 1994. Insect Pest Management (Vol-I &III). PARC, Islamabad.
9. Hill, D.S. 1993. Agricultural Insect Pests of the Tropics and their Control. Cambridge University Press.
- Teacher: Dr. Muhammad Shahid Khan